This update covers the period from 1 January to 28 February 2011 and is issued on 4 March 2011.
· Former Chairman of Chin State Peace and Development Council, U Hong Ngai, has been designated Chief Minister of Chin State by the Union Parliament.
· The most frequently reported disease in Chin in 2010 was Malaria with around 30,000 cases reported.
· Food insecurity remains a problem most serious in Kanpetlet Township, following high crop failures in 2010.
· Two proposals, respectively from WFP and UNDP, were submitted in mid-February to the CERF Secretariat for funding under food security and restoration of agriculture activities in Southern Chin.
· WFP has completed emergency food distribution for a total of 155 villages in Mindat and Kanpetlet Townships at the end of January, reaching approximately 20,000 beneficiaries. A total of 200 MT of rice were distributed.
For more visit, http://reliefweb.int/rw/rwb.nsf/db900SID/MUMA-8ER8PU?OpenDocument